Learn about Study Center Projects
San Francisco Study Center celebrates 50 years with 50 photographs
From the 1977-78 Oral History of San Francisco Neighborhoods Project funded with a grant from the Comprehensive Education and Training Act
C. Malcolm Thompson
Study Center is a leader in the evolving field of fiscal sponsorship, committed to the success of the projects we sponsor by providing these services:
- Tax-deductibility for donors under Study Center’s 501(c)(3)
- Accounting, tax reporting and monthly financial reports
- Bookkeeping with checkwriting for all project expenses
- Medical and dental benefits and personnel policies for employees
- General liability insurance and workers’ comp, with professional liability and other insurance all at cost
- Consultation and feedback on program, budget, funding strategy and proposals
- Management of preapproved grants and donations (Model C fiscal sponsorship) for most out-of-state projects
- Editorial and graphics, publications production and promotion
Learn how to apply Study Center also provides the nonprofit sector with two significant resources in the field of fiscal sponsorship:
- Study Center staff created and manage the Fiscal Sponsor Directory, since 2008 a free nationwide resource to connect projects with sponsors.
- Study Center Press publishes “Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways to Do It Right,” the seminal work by attorney Gregory Colvin, now in its 3rd edition.
Study Center — trusted, local service provider, builds community one program at a time. Study Center’s deep experience in community building begins with our fiscally sponsoring privately funded projects. We also serve as fiscal intermediary for city-funded programs, largely in health, behavioral health, housing and community development. And our editorial and design staff produce reports and educational materials for foundations, public and private agencies, and other nonprofits, as well as for our privately funded projects.
Now in its 3rd Edition Fiscal Sponsorship: 6 Ways To Do It Right is available only from Study Center Press — Buy the book
“Done right, fiscal sponsorship can be a powerful tool for conducting a charitable project. For more than two decades, this book has been the ‘go to’ resource for practitioners and organizations to learn the rules and find models that work.”
— Celia Roady, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Does fiscal sponsorship sound right for your organization? Want to learn more?
San Francisco Study Center
1663 Mission Street, Suite 310 San Francisco, CA 94103 415-626-1650